Do you know about
PTA BOARD-ELECT ACTIVITIES?
PTA bylaws provide that following an election, the board-elect may meet to begin making plans for the next term.
The board-elect may:
- Plan to attend the California State PTA Convention.
- Fill vacancies in office and ratify appointments.
- Verify that council/district PTA has been provided with a roster of new board members with complete contact information.
- Determine PTA materials needed for officers/chairmen. Consider ordering extra subscriptions and publications.
- Distribute copies of bylaws and job descriptions.
- Consider a survey and use the input to begin goal-setting and plan activities to implement those goals.
- Set time to meet with site administrator.
- Prepare a master calendar for PTA events and programs. Be aware of school district calendar and special holidays.
- Ratify budget committee appointed by president-elect.
- Have a proposed budget approved at last association meeting of the year.
- Set appointments to meet with current board members to review evaluations of current term activities.
- Assure that the year-end audit is scheduled to be conducted immediately following the end of the fiscal year.
- Schedule an installation of officers.
- Order membership envelopes.
See previous issues of Leadership Essentials for: