LAUSD is Seeking Middle School Applicants for the 2020-2021 Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council (SSAC).
The Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council (SSAC) meets with the Superintendent six times per year to advise, provide feedback and present viable solutions on District initiatives and programs. The SSAC also acts as the advisory council to the Student Board Member. The council is seeking to add LAUSD middle school students for the 2020-2021 school year.
- 8th grade middle school students who attend LAUSD middle schools
- 2.5 or better GPA
- No failing grades or unsatisfactory marks on the preceding end of year report card
- Must be endorsed by the school principal
- Must successfully complete the application process, including a personal interview
- Must be able to serve a one year term
- Experience in a school leadership position is desired but not required
- Attend all SSAC meetings – Approximately six times per year
- Act as a liaison between the Superintendent, Student Board Member and LAUSD students
- Share information learned with constituents at their local school sites
- Maintain a broad understanding of District and school related issues
- Engage in meaningful dialogue regarding students’ views of the performance and operations of LAUSD
- Complete an end of the year project
- Attend other events as determined
Meeting Place and Time
Time: 1:0 0 PM 4:00 PM
333 South Beaudry Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Dates: to be determined
Please Note: Transportation will not be provided.
Application deadline: July 31, 2020