Some PTAs prefer to offer varied membership enrollment levels for students, school staff and families and donors. In each instance the amount of per-capita forwarded must be according to the council, district State and National PTA amounts. These membership packages require special attention by the membership chairman and the treasurer to assure members receive their memberships cards and the correct amounts are remitted to council and district PTA.
In article IV, Membership, Section 4, insert this language by hand or typewritten:
- Each faculty member of the association shall pay annual per capita dues of ____dollars and ____ cents ($_____) to the association.
- Each student member of the association shall pay annual per capita dues of ____dollars and ____ cents ($_____) to the association.
- Each member of the association shall pay annual dues of _____dollars and ____cents ($_______) per member (also means per capita) to the association, or _____ dollars and _____ cents ($_____) per family of _____ (number) members.
For memberships which include various donation levels, insert this language in the Standing Rules:
The association may offer membership that includes an annual donation, for example:
- $10 (ten dollars) per Silver membership, includes one membership;
- $20 (twenty dollars) per Gold membership, includes one membership; or
- $50 (fifty dollars) per Platinum membership, includes two memberships;
with portions to be forwarded to council and district PTA in accordance with Unit Bylaws, Section IV, Section 4 e.
Remitting Per Capita Dues to Your Council and Tenth District PTSA:
Each council per capita dues is different. Please check with your council for the current per capita dues amount. Effective July 1, 2015, the Tenth District per capita dues is $1.25, State per capita dues is $2.00, and National PTA per capita dues is $2.25. The total amount to remit to the Tenth District PTSA is $5.50.