About Every Child in Focus
Every Child in Focus reinforces National PTA’s mission to advocate for every child—with one voice—so all families feel invited and welcomed within PTA, and are equipped with the tools to support their child and improve the school, which makes a difference for every child. View our video about this campaign on ourNational PTA YouTube Channel.
What You Can Do
- Join the conversation. National PTA will work with the country’s leaders in each group highlighted to provide dialogue, resources and information that will help schools embrace diversity and inclusion. Follow us on Twitter and use the hastag #EveryChild
- Host Every Child in Focus events. National PTA invites state PTAs to get involved by hosting their own events or by partnering with the National PTA for a joint-event. Read the call for proposals and submit your ideas at PTA.org/ECIFevents.
- Follow our Every Child in Focus Calendar. Check this page each month for materials to help families and PTAs learn more about each group.
- Reach out to Families. National PTA will also celebrate PTAs that are raising the bar in welcoming, engaging and supporting families in student success and school improvements. The intent is to motivate people into action and support the needs of every child.
- Promote Every Child in Focus in your school. Download and share the promotional flier. You can also share our Guide to Cultural Awareness with state and local PTAs.
- Read our PTA One Voice Blog for PTA Success Stories and additional resources. You can also share your blog! We want to hear local and state PTA success stories on supporting student success through diversity and inclusion. Use our blog share toolto tell us your story.
- Share the Parents’ Guides to Student Success. These standards provide clear, consistent expectations for what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career.