What PTA wants for YOU!
What’s in it for schools?
PTAs promote the building of a large and diverse group of parent and community involvement. When parents and community members work as equal partners to improve schools, it is shown that positive results include:
- Upgraded school facilities;
- Improved school leadership and staffing;
- Resource’s to improve teaching and the curriculum;
- Funding for after-school programs and family supports; and Higher-quality learning programs.
What’s in it for students?
Thirty year of research prove that students do better when parents are involved. No matter what their income or background, students are more likely to:
- Earn higher grades and test scores;
- Enroll in higher-level programs;
- Be promoted, pass their classes and earn credits;
- Attend school regularly;
- Have better social skills, show improved behavior, and adapt well to school; and
- Graduate and go on to post-education.
How is this accomplished?
PTA benefits include:
- Organized and passionate volunteers advocating for children:
- Improved communication within the school community;
- Access to ready-made and easy-to-use programs;
- Involved and informed parents who understand the challenges; that schools
- face and become part of the solution; and
- A voice to ensure that issues important to the school community are addressed.
PTA wants what is best for ALL children!