“Parent and family engagement is key to student success, and that’s what PTA has being doing for more than a century. PTA Day in California is not only a time to reflect on PTA’s many past accomplishments, but also a time to call on all Californians to continue PTA’s advocacy on children’s issues such as family-engagement programs, increased per-pupil funding and a full curriculum for every child.”– California State PTA President Justine Fischer
The Los Angeles Tenth District PTSA Nominating Committee has met
and the following persons have been nominated:
President – Alexandra Navarro
1st Vice President – Silvia Barba
2nd Vice President – Marty Wenkel
3rd Vice President – Gwendolyn Landry
4th Vice President – Cynthia Medina
5th Vice President – Sheri Hatcher
Secretary – VACANT
Treasurer – Santa Ramirez
Auditor – Jean Saunders
The Los Angeles Tenth District Election Meeting will be held on
February 15, 2017, 10:00 am
Barbara Topkis Auditorium
A group calling itself the “Parent Teacher Alliance (PTA) Political Action Committee” — run by the California Charter Schools Association Independent Expenditure Campaign (PAC) — is once again running a political campaign, this time in the Los Angeles Unified School District, under the false banner of our trademarked name and renowned reputation.
Please be aware: The real PTA never comments on, endorses or supports individual candidates for office. PTA is a non-partisan association with a long track record of speaking up for all children and connecting families, schools and communities.
If you or other PTA members receive information or obtain written fliers and other materials causing confusion between California State PTA and the Parent Teacher Alliance, please contact California State PTA Executive Director Sherry Skelly Griffith at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 440-1985.
- Tenth District Election Meeting and Founder’s Day Celebration
- Wishing You a Positive and Successful Year!
- Reflections Program 2016-2017
- Music Center on Tour Assemblies
- Los Angeles Tenth District Meeting and Holiday Luncheon
- Tax Reports and Insurance Premium
- You Are Invited to a Community Conversation with LAUSD…
- “What is Your Story?” – Reflections Workshop 2016
- Officer Training – October 8, 2016
- Celebrating a Life
- You Will Be Missed!
- Vendor Fair and Fundraising Workshop
- District Association Meeting: Membership Kick-Off
- STARTING A NEW PTA TERM IN SUMMER
- Thank You, Outgoing Officers!
- Tenth District Annual Awards Luncheon 2016
- California State PTA Leadership Training
- Today is National Arts Advocacy Day!
- Tenth District Reflections 2015-2016 Winners
- Tenth District PTSA Celebrates PTA’s 119th Birthday!
- Report of the Nominating Committee
- Don’t miss out on PTA student-scholarship opportunities!
- District Association Meeting & Holiday Luncheon
- Giving Thanks
- Leadership Essentials, November 15 Edition
- Regional Training for PTA Leaders
- PTA Power in Action!
- Bylaws Review Workshop
- PTA Scholarships and Grants
- “Let Your Imagination Fly”…Reflections Theme 2015-2016
- Officer Training
- PTA Wants What is Best for All Children!
- We’re celebrating kids’ back-to-school smiles!
- PTA Officers: We’re Here to Help you Succeed!
- District Executive Board Meeting
- PTA leaders, we need your input! Líderes de PTA, inecesitamos su ayuda!
- PTA-supported Immunization Legislation Signed Into Law
- District Association Meeting, June 27, 2015
- Congratulations Outgoing Officers!
- Congratulations to Our Graduating Senior Scholarship Recipients
- Convention Orientation
- Newly Elected Officers 2015-2017
- Deepen Your Knowledge About K-12 Education Issues…
- Los Angeles Tenth District Founder’s Day Celebration 2015
- March Male Madness
- Bylaws Workshops
- Reflections 2015 – “The World Would Be a Better Place If…”
- Mary Lou Anderson Arts Enhancement Grant
- Campaign mailer in LAUSD board race is not connected to California State PTA
- Key K-12 Education Issues with Ed100
- 2015 New Year’s Resolution…
- Student Leadership Is Needed!
- Los Angeles Tenth District Reflections Program
- Association Meeting, December 10, 2014
- Got Tax Forms?
- Important Deadlines
- CAPTA October 2014 Online Newsletter
- Officer Training, Part Two, October 4 or October 9, 2014
- California State PTA Scholarship, Grants and Awards 2014
- Tenth District Reflections 2014-2015 Training Workshop
- Thank You to Our Music Scholarship Donors
- Our Own Arts Education Hero, Jocelyn Duarte
- Action Alert…
- Thank You, Everyone!
- Tenth District Convention T-Shirts Are Here
- Tenth District Convention Dinner
- Discount Convention Rates End Today
- Our Deepest Sympathy
- State PTA Convention Orientation
- PTA Teachers – Making a Difference!
- Pacific Council Fundraiser for 10th District PTSA
- PTA Convention – Register Today
- Music Scholarship Program 2014
- Celebrating 117 Years
- Cirque Du Soleil Ticket Discount Especially for L.A. 10th PTSA
- Convention is Coming to Los Angeles – May 7 to 10, 2014
- Thank You to Our PTA Volunteers!
- Email Etiquette
- What’s Happening with Testing and Standards?
- LCFF and LCAP – What Do They Mean to the Parents?
- PTA Resources to Use: Be a Reliable Resource on Children’s Issues
- The Value of PTA Membership
- Communication Basics for PTA Leaders
- Membership Perks to Start the New Year!
- Reflections – Let’s Get Started
- California State PTA’s Online Officer/Board Member Contact Program
- Things to Turn Over During Transition of Officers
- PTA Board Elect Activities
- LUCKY 13 IN 2013 CHALLENGE AND AWARDS
- Congratulations to the Newly Elected Officers 2013-2015
- Lucky 13
- Tenth District PTSA Music Scholarship
- PTA Loves New Members
- Reminders and Important Dates for Your PTA
- PTA – A Guest on School Campuses
- Shifting the Burden of Mental Health Care: Helping Families
- Letter from LAUSD Superintendent John Deasy
- HELPING CHILDREN MANAGE DISTRESS IN THE AFTERMATH OF A TRAGEDY
- Three Ways Your PTA Can Benefit Even More with Membership Increase
- Tenth District PTSA Meeting and Holiday Luncheon
- Audits – More than a reconciliation
- Charitable Trust Workshop
- Op/Ed: Vote Yes on Prop. 30 and 38
- Every PTA Must File Tax Returns
- Bennett Kayser Invites You to a Town Hall Meeting
- Charitable Trust Workshop
- California Reflections Online Process Webinar
- Proposition 38 Makes Five Guarantees to Parents and Taxpayers
- Reflections Program Webinar, September 26 and September 27, 2012
- Proposition 38 “Our Children, Our Future” Discussion/Debate
- Reflections 2012-2013 Workshop
- Impact Teen Drivers: Lead the Leaders Workshop